Job ID: 212004635
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day.We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do!At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of Americas fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and lets grow together!
Supports distribution center operations through proper staffing, legal compliance, and creating a positive and safe employee work environment. Acts as advisor to DC Manager and/or Operations Manager for all employee-related issues. May also encompass the duties and of Training Manager.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages hourly/management employee recruiting and hiring processes. Audits departments work product, ensuring compliance of all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains OSHA compliance; coordinates the light-duty program, Accident Review Committee, and return-to-work programs. Partners with Risk Management to enhance productivity of Company safety programs. Responsible to develop and maintain positive relations with health care providers at local and state levels.
- Maintains FMLA and ADA compliance, using available resources (HR Database) to ensure accurate record keeping and administration of programs.
- Manages departmental budget. Ensures effective expense control by reviewing status of accounts monthly, weekly and daily. Responsible to reduce costs whenever possible.
- Hires, supervises and conducts performance reviews for HR staff members.
- Facilitates a positive work environment through employee programs such as ACT committee, employee recognition programs, and the safety committees, developing creative and cost effective ways to reduce exposure to third party representation.
- Devotes the necessary time to effectively balance time on the DC floor (15% minimum) and office.
- Partners with Corporate Benefits group to communicate employee benefit programs.
- Advises DC Manager and Operations Manager regarding employee relations' issues, promotions and demotions, progressive counseling, and staffing analysis and staff levels.
- Communicates and monitors the progressive counseling process for hourly and supervisory employees; assists management team with terminations by providing coaching and counseling, including role-playing.
- Represents Dollar General Corporation in unemployment insurance hearings and other lawsuits as requested.
- Responsible for Supervisory development if no Training Department exists.
- Coordinates the communication of all employee benefits ensuring each employee fully understands all benefits and pay.
- Responsible for effective use of the progressive counseling process for both hourly and supervisory positions.
- Partners in all terminations, ensuring proper policy and procedures are utilized to reduce adverse employment claims.
- Coordination with temporary agencies, effectively reducing costs of using temporaries.
- Responsible to maintain non-union status.
- Responsible for high DC employee retention. Develops programs, processes and procedures to identify causes for turnover and effective means to increase retention and employee morale.
- Other duties or as assigned by Director, Distribution Human Resources.
- Responsible for all employee development planning and activities for direct/indirect HR reports.
- Responsible to develop and maintain a strategic partnership with DC and Operations managers within all areas of DC operations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Knowledge of all state and federal employment laws.
- Union defense strategic planning.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements and regulations and preventative measures for minimizing accidents.
- Basic understanding of state unemployment processes and guidelines.
- Knowledge of profit and loss analysis to determine staffing levels.
- Sound interview and evaluation skills.
- Ability to act as an advisor/consultant with management team through outstanding communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (databases) and payroll/personnel systems such as Lawson and KRONOS.
- Basic understanding of accounting and budgeting, including the ability to conduct budget forecasting and accrual accounting practices.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop and manage employee development processes.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Industrial Employee Relations with a focus on employment law, or applicable training in these areas with another degree; equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Three to five years experience in benefits, employee relations, or as a human resources generalist.
- Experience as an HR lead.
- Professional certification beneficial.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Work is conducted in an office setting and on the DC floor.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.