10 - 15 years
Who we are:
FlexCare Medical Staffing, one of the leading Travel Healthcare Staffing Agencies in the Nation, was founded in 2006 to help address the chronic staffing issues present at many healthcare facilities around the country. FlexCare has steadily and organically grown into the top-rated travel nurse company in the country. FlexCare was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 by the Sacramento Business Journal and named a Best Staffing Company to Work For by the S.I.A. for 2017 & 2018.
We’re always looking for highly motivated, talented individuals who care about what they do, never stop trying to achieve success and are looking for a company with exceptional growth potential.
Currently, we’re looking for a full-time Vice President of Human Resources (VP of HR) to join our growing team.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a talented Vice President of Human Resources (VP of HR) to direct and oversee the company’s HR plans in ways that support our mission and overall strategy. This position has high accountability and reports directly to the CEO and strongly partners with CFO. We want candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. The goal is to promote the role of strategic HR and ensure the long-term success of both HR and the organization as a whole.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company's mission and strategic vision.
- Work to engage and support executive leadership in execution of company vision, strategy and goals.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Anticipate and provide resolution for potential HR/benefit and risk management issues during the evaluation of geographic and healthcare staffing modality expansion for the company and build scalable HR Department, leveraging HR technology.
- In partnership with executive management, design and implement effective incentive compensation strategies and structures, specifically commission/bonus plans.
- Function as a key strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management team regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Partner with executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Evaluate alternative payroll vendors/services, and collaborate with IS in the selection, implementation and configuration of HRIS/HCM system based on HR/Benefit and business requirements.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- In conjunction with the CFO, responsible for plan performance and budget management of health care plan cost.
- Accountable for working with management and employees to continuously improve work relationships, manage employee engagement and welfare, and drive increased productivity and retention.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal wage and hour regulations, employment law, FMLA, workers compensation, 401k plans and various other work/life benefit programs.
- Design, implement and manage overall competitive employee benefits strategy that is cost-effective and will support employee retention and growth.
- Oversee benefit administration including claim resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information and updates to employees.
- Maintain records, reports and logs to confirm to EEO regulations.
- Make recommendations regarding policies and procedures and new approaches to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Proven experience as VP of HR or other senior HR role.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Risk-management mindset.
- Previous experience with evaluation, selection, implementation and configuration of HRIS/HCM system highly desired.
- Deep knowledge of HR functions including workers compensation, FMLA, professional liability, etc.
- Knowledge of local and national labor laws.
- High level knowledge of ERP systems.
- Experience with design and implementation of complex compensation incentive plans, specifically in sales organizations.
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities.
- Prior experience in Healthcare industry a plus.
- BS/BA in business, HR, social sciences or related field; MS/MA/MBA is preferable.
- Certification (e.g. PHR/SPHR) is nice-to-have.
What We Offer:
- Excellent opportunity for career advancement in a rapidly growing environment.
- Health Insurance to include medical, dental and vision with employer contribution.
- Flexible Spending Account & Dependent Care Account.
- 401K options with employer matching.
- Annual Paid Time Off to volunteer.
- Access to continuous training and development.
- Team building and celebratory events.
Job ID: 237534901