This position provides regional Safety related support to the Company. This role supports the Safety Manager in helping to establish and maintain a safe workplace environment. This position works with and through the Safety Manager to implement and manage site specific safety processes, procedures and training as needed to ensure regulatory compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and performs job site inspections to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards.
- Assists in tracking and updating safety training files and records as required by the Company and legal regulations.
- Schedules training and coordinates training activities
- Participates in New Hire Safety Orientation Meetings.
- Understands and follows company related safety rules, practices and procedures.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by company.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform and/or have an understanding of the following:
- Understands Safety and basic first aid
- Must be able to read and understand posted bulletins, regulations and work instructions.
- Must be able to accurately transcribe numbers, letters or words onto forms.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Must have a “can do” attitude.
- Basic – Intermediate Computer skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Interpersonal skills. Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive information.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a requirement
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license
- Ability to travel within the bay Area.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work flexible hours which may include variable evenings, weekends or holidays.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
Job Site inspections are performed outdoors involving exposure to all weather conditions. Exposure to noise at levels requiring ear protection.
- Competitive wages
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- 401k, with a percentage of wages automatically donated to the fund by SRF
- PTO (personal time off)
- Sick Time
- Interest-free tool acquisition
- Proactive training program
- Objective skills assessment to help you grow your skills
- Unlimited upward mobility within our dynamic and growing company
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High School Diploma required. B.S. degree preferred, but not required.