Hilton Waikiki Beach is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager that will focus on Team Member Relations, Benefits and Training to join their team!
- Completes human resources functions in a timely and accurate fashion, to include: recruiting, hiring and terminating employees, training, payroll, worker’s compensation, benefit administration, employee relations, safety program, record-keeping, and other administrative duties.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees
- Works with managers to identify position requirements
- Finds creative and updated methods of streamlining the HR Department
- Assists in diffusing employee issues/complaints in a timely manner and in conjunction with the Director of HR.
- Oversees administration of HR/Benefits issues and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Keeps current on applicable laws
- Maintains records in accordance with the law
- Provides payroll with the required information to process paychecks
- Coordinates participation by employees in the benefit plan; seeks opportunities to market existing benefits and supplement with locally provided benefits as appropriate
- Coordinates in conjunction with the Director of HR, the hotel’s response to legal claims regarding the employment relationships; coordinates with corporate as appropriate
- Supports on-going Hilton brand and Stanford Hotels training by working with managers and employees to develop and implement fresh approaches
- Ensures that key education and training courses are delivered at the hotel in accordance with Hilton brand and Stanford Hotels standards
- Ensures that employees receive the reinforcement of training needed to understand expectations and job responsibilities
- Counsels managers and employees on effective ways to communicate and reinforce performance expectations and address and resolve employment related issues
- Encourages recognition of employee’ contribution by coordinating a hotel-wide recognition programs.
- Assists in coaching employees both line level and managers on effective ways to motivate the team and maximize employee engagement.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a Human Resources management capacity and preferably within the Hospitality industry.
- Previous work experience in Benefits Administration and Training preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local labor laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a related field of study and/or Human Resources professional certification required.
- Flexibility and availability to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send contact the hotel directly for assistance.
Job ID: 254420035