GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the administration of Vitality Unlimited’s Human Resources Department including all functions of recruitment, compensation, employee relations, benefits and administrative responsibilities. This position is responsible for the overall success of the HR function associated with salaried and hourly employees at all Vitality Unlimited locations. Provides strategic and daily customer support. Assists management and employees with human resource questions, issues, processes, and procedures; carries out all activities in the Human Resources department in a manner that is consistent with the Vitality Unlimited’s mission.
- Works with the management team in the development and implementation of strategic plans for HR
- Serves as a consultant to management on HR issues, investigations and grievances.
- Insures compliance with all Federal and State labor, EEO and civil rights laws, rules and regulations. Serves as a technical resource to other Vitality Unlimited managers and supervisors and exercises final authority for compliance issues.
- Responsible for the assessment and oversight of all employee benefits including eligibility and application. Responsible for annually assessing the quality and cost effectiveness of the benefits package and makes recommendations to the management team. Responsible for communicating changes to employees.
- Assists with the development and management of all compensation programs including incentive compensation plans. Responsible for conducting compensation surveys to ensure that the salary and benefits for Vitality Unlimited employees are fair and equitable. Works with the CFO in making compensation adjustments and communicating changes to employees.
- Responsible for all Vitality Unlimited recruiting efforts. Responsible for the design, layout and placement of all mass media recruitment advertising. Establishes recruiting contracts and relationships with qualified recruiters. Conducts pre-screening and preliminary background assessment of all new employees and any pertinent status change for existing employees. Establishes, oversees and participates in the hiring process.
- Implements and oversees the company Affirmative Action Program and carries out the duties of a company AA/EEO officer including handling any EEO complaints.
- Responsible for the development and annual review and maintenance of all HR policies and procedures, making changes as required and submitting those changes to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Serves as a technical resource and advisor for management and other staff on applicable rules, policies and procedures regarding personnel matters.
- Maintains records of insurance coverage for eligible employees and personnel transactions, i.e., hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations. Maintains staff profiles including licensing, annual credential review and individual employee information updating.
- Responsible for the upkeep of all HR systems tracking including salary, date of hire, turnover rates by department, evaluations, etc.
- Supervises, trains and mentors an HR Representative who is responsible for handling HR administrative functions involving benefits, HR Profile, staff evaluations, training programs, status changes, employee newsletter and other administrative tasks.
- Develops, implements and maintains an annual HR budget, ensuring that operations are managed within the established guidelines
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of employee injuries to OSHA and Worker’s Compensation. Assists managers, when required, in determining light duty for employees and proper compensation.
- Oversees new hire process including employee orientation
- Responsible for staff development and training including all compliance requirements of diversity, ethics, safety and HIPAA training. Assists Clinic Managers with completing annual competencies on medical staff and maintaining documentation
- Handles all employee relations issues including assistance with complaint and grievance procedures when necessary. Assists management with discipline practices/actions per policies and procedures
- Creates and distributes regular employee communications, including developing and implementing an employee newsletter. Develops and implements employee recognition programs and special events.
- Manages, tracks and responds appropriately to all worker’s compensation claims
- Maintains an open-door policy for consulting and advising employees as needed on workplace problems.
- Willingness to perform other tasks as needed
- Treat all patients with dignity and respect
- Provide excellent customer service
- PHI (Protected health Information) Compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent work experience required - Master's Degree preferred
- Five to ten years of professional HR management experience
- Healthcare experience highly desired
- SPHR or PHR Certification desired
- Knowledge of current employment law and risk management issues
- Demonstrated ability in handling significant workload demands
- Demonstrated skill in developing subordinates and providing leadership
- Strong organizational skills and providing leadership
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Word and Excel
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality within Vitality Unlimited
- Honest, pleasant manner, good personal hygiene
- Valid Nevada Drivers Licenses and proof of insurance
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary – $70,000 and up - Negotiable
- Health Insurance