The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation.
This position manages, directs and coordinates the Human Resource policies and programs covering several of the following: union labor relations, wage and salary administration orientation and training, safety and health, benefits and employee services. This position also manages the recruitment, development and retention of employees; has knowledge of EEO laws and general human resources concepts.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in clerical functions of HR.
- Negotiates with local union representatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Implements and manages on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations.
- Manages situations involving policy or contract interpretation. Leads and mentors others to ensure consistent application of all such rules and policies. Develops and implements innovative solutions to personnel and/or labor relations issues affecting the plant to mitigate any legal or compliance-related risks. Maintains a positive labor/employee relations environment at the plant by counseling managers and employees on human resource policies and rules, identifying and resolving problems or recommending courses of action.
- Counsels managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures; reviews and resolves issues.
- Supervises Human Resource staff directly or through supervisors; plans, assigns and reviews assignments; counsels staff; evaluates job performance and approves or recommends actions.
- Ensures administrative, management and hourly production employee retention at the facility is maintained at an acceptable level. Uses knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of facility dynamics to help understand and determine the training and educational needs of the hourly employees and administrative, management employees.
- Manages all new employee recruitment, orientation, and training, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
- Performs analysis and prepares statistical reports, narrative reports and communications for use in formulating goals and objectives.
- Manages employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years’ exempt level relevant experience, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Strong knowledge of union labor relations in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software; Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Payroll Database software.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures, including administration of benefits, compensation and other programs.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong reasoning and math skills.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
This position will be based out of East Metro Atlanta, GA. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, performance bonus and comprehensive benefits; and if needed a relocation assistance package will be provided. This opportunity requires authorization to work in the United States.