Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is located in the beautiful Upper Arkansas Valley in central Colorado. The local towns of Salida and Buena Vista are known for their pleasant weather, vast recreation opportunities and vibrant arts scene. Both towns are located along the Arkansas River at elevations above 7,000 feet near the Continental Divide. Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is a Critical Access Hospital in central Colorado that is publicly owned and locally managed. Our mission is to enhance the health of our community through the delivery of personalized and exceptional care.
Healthcare expereince required, hospital expereince preferred.
HR Director : Education - Expereince - Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Human Resources) required.
- Minimum of three years of responsible human resources experience, in healthcare setting
- aPHR, PHR, CHHR, or SPHR certification required
HR Director - $6000.00 Sign on bonus
- Responsible for the supervision overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resource Departments .Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and promoting the philosophies and objectives of the hospital’s mission, vision, and values
- Coordinates and approves all personnel requests for replacements and new positions and ensures
accurate posting on HRIS.
- Ensures all personnel policies in accordance with State and Federal regulations
- Manages employee benefit programs, including annual review of group insurance plans; the
HRRMC retirement plan; researching and recommending the implementation of possible benefit
enhancements as appropriate
- Monitors Human Resource analytics including but not limited to turnover and develops strategies
- Advises Department Managers/Directors/VP’s in the practical and legal aspects of interviewing,
reviewing, disciplining and discharging employees
- Establishes and maintains a pay grade and salary administration structure for all hospital
- Reviews all employee incident reports that may result in Workers' compensation claims,
providing follow-up for same. Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Coordinates and assists Managers/Directors/VP’s with hearings for unemployment compensation
as necessary. Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Serves on the retirement plan committee along with the administrator and the chief financial
officer. This committee is responsible for administration of the retirement plan.
No calls from recruiting firms please.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- Employer-matching retirement plan options (immediately available)
- Employee assistance program
- Rewards and Recognitions
- Employee wellness programs
- 24/7 access to Wellness U Staff Gym
- On-site training workshops
- Annual salary increase opportunity
- Possible gain sharing
- Cafeteria meal discount
- Paid time off and sick leave
Exempt: Entry level annual base compensation $43.83 and midpoint annual base compensation $54.77. All offers will be based on applicants years of experience relative to the position. A $6000.00 sign on bonus is offered along with reolcation assistance.